Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years

When I plan a trip it fills the whole planning area with

Customer Question

when I plan a trip it fills the whole planning area with that trip I can not plan more than I trip is there anyway I can change this if I delete one aand plan another it fills the whole area and the other trip is gone
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & Welcome,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Make & Model Number of the device you are working with?

2) The AGE of the device?

3) WHEN this issue first began?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Garmon desk 560. 5 years old. Been having trouble since about 3 years ago
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry. Garmin deal 560
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

Dezl 560 is a valid model number, so I will go with that.

OK - in the time you have owned and used the device, have you EVER updated the device software OR installed a memory card in the device (microSD card)?

Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hi again,

I see your request for a Premium Service (phone call), but I'm not near a phone at this moment to be able to do that. But another expert may take accept your request at any time.

If you would like to continue here in this "chat" format, please let me know if the device software has ever been updated or if a memory card has ever been installed in the device.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is updated ever year but I know nothing about a memory card
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hi again,

OK - according to my notes, this device has a "slit" on the left side of the unit that will allow you to add more memory capacity to the device.

I mention this because the symptoms you mentioned (trip planning issues) often occur when the internal memory starts to get full. Here is a link to where you can get these cards at a reasonable cost.

8GB microSD card SEARCH results (Amazon).

Now since I believe this is really a memory issue, you can also try doing a "master reset" of the device, which will clear all the user data (including trip memory), and should allow the trip planning to function normally again.

NOTE: You may want to BACK UP and favorites you have stored in the device BEFORE doing the Master reset, so those favorites can be restored afterward.

Here is a link to a video that shows how to do the master reset.

NOTE: This should be done when the device is fully charged but NOT connected to power.

Click Here for Video -->

Please give these steps a try and then TEST to see if you can plan a short trip, then a medium length trip, etc.

Please let me know what happens when you try these things or if you have any more questions.

Thanks, ***** *****

Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-