Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

BMW-USA advised me that TomTom is an authorized source for

Customer Question

BMW-USA advised me that TomTom is an authorized source for Nav System updates for my car. I have a 2011 BMW X-3. How do I order the update? How do I install?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide

the right answer to your question.

If your TomTom device on the car's dash is a GO LIVE, then there is an update for it from TomTom, yes.

What update were you hoping to install, or what do you wish to achieve by updating (just to be sure I recommend the right update to you) ?

Please let me know by Reply To Expert. Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Russell, I did some more searching on line and discovered that TomTom's collaboration with BMW did not start until 2013, two years after my car was made. I no longer need any answers from your organization. My question does not have a positive answer with regard to TomTom. By the way, I initially thought your site was associated with TomTom because that is how I was directed to it.

JustAnswer.com is not directly affiliated with TomTom.

However, our Experts do (in the right category, for GPS devices) answer questions about TomTom issues and devices and problems, etc.

If the GPS device in your 2011 X5 is not a TomTom device, then perhaps I can assist you with whatever device it actually is.

(Note: is at aftermarket-installed or added-in after original sale? or is it factory-installed? in case you might know.)

State your device's maker and model, or at least whatever info you have about it, and I will try to find the information you need.

(If you are done with this case, no response is required. Thanks.)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I no longer wish to continue this conversation. Thank you.

You're welcome. Please feel welcome to return to JustAnswer.com at any time to ask another question, in any category, Medical, Legal, Technical, etc.