Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I need to remove eastern US to make room for Western US on

Customer Question

I need to remove eastern US to make room for Western US on Nuvi 1450. How?
JA: What model of Nuvi are you using? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: see reply above...1450. two years??
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none. not tenough storage available
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & Welcome,

Sorry to hear of any issue you may have with your device.

May I ask what program you are using to manage the maps on your device?

May I also ask if you have installed a memory card in your device yet, and if so, what is its capacity?

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 months ago.

Hi again,

I didn't see a response from my earlier questions, but wanted to send the following along before I take a break for the evening.

You don't really have to "make space" on your device IF you use the Garmin Express (GE) program to manage your maps. That is because GE does all the memory management for you - pretty much automatically.

All you have to do is choose the correct options in the program, and you will be able to choose any "region" you want to install - as long as it will fit within the memory of the device.

Let me give you a link to an article that gives the steps for going through this process.

>> CLICK HERE <<

NOTE:

If you want to avoid having to reload maps in the future, I would recommend getting an 8GB capacity microSD card, that can be inserted and left in the device - so that you will have plenty of space to hold the entire map set. As a reference, I have a link below to a search I did (on Amazon) for 8GB microSD cards. I'm sending this link because it is much easier and less costly to find these 8GB capacity cards online than to search at local stores.

8GB microSD card SEARCH
http://amzn.to/1O4tS7k

I hope this helps. Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.

And when you are ready, please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you today.

You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

(im)

Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)