Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I have a nuvi 10R-024462 that has set idle for a few years.

Customer Question

I have a nuvi 10R-024462 that has set idle for a few years. The battery seems fine and Garmin Express finds it, but it has said it is searching the information on it for about two hours now and no other progress on Garmin Express. Does this have anything to do with the time it has not been connected and updated?
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a Nuvi 765 and is about four years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No, thanks !
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The Nuvi might perhaps be still searching for information. But, after 2 hours, I suspect it has simply locked up.

It might be best to wait another hour or two, but disconnect it, turn it Off for 20 minutes or longer, restart the computer, re-connect it, and try again.

Let me know how it goes, please, in Reply To Expert. (And if this completes the case and answers your question, please rate my answer.) Thanks.