Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

Can I use a splitter with my siteX explorer II plus to run

Customer Question

Can I use a splitter with my siteX explorer II plus to run two monitors
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Generally speaking that can be done; but, it depends upon what sort of splitter you are thinking of using, and whether you think of routing one VGA-type output to two monitors simultaneously... that could overload the output, either making both monitors not work, or possibly burning out the output of the Sitex Explorer.

So please specify what type of splitter you were thinking of trying in that configuration, and I will advise you further.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We want to run two monitors. We are commercial fishing. We want one in wheelhouse and one in cockpit out side. We did this with our previous (older) siteX. And it worked great. The cockpit monitor is a led monitor and used very little power. The wheelhouse monitor uses a little more
Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & Welcome,

A company called Momoprice carries a few "splitter/amplifiers" that may suit your needs. I have a link to one of their pages where they list a couple of 2-way and 4-way units below.

Click here --> http://www.monoprice.com/category?c_id=101&cp_id=10104&cs_id=1010401

I checked the listing details and it looks like there units have 12 volt DC as a power requirement, so they should work nicely - assuming you have 12 volt DC power available. In other words, you would NOT have to use the included AC Power Adapters - unless you already have some AC power available.

NOTES:

You may want to "enclose" the units to avoid moisture as much as possible.

You may want to get more than one, so that you have a "spare" - just in case something happens.

Monoprice also has MANY different length VGA/SVGA cable, to allow you to make the connections (if you don't have those cables already.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Take Care & Stay Safe Out There, Greg A.

Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)