Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

My nuvi1690 has frozen on the GARMIN loading screen and no

Customer Question

my nuvi1690 has frozen on the GARMIN loading screen and no matter what corner of the display I touch when trying to power it back up I get no-where.
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: NUVI1690 and around 4 years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Power button and hold top left of screen, power button and hold bottom left etc etc. Best I can get is rarely I get as far as 'Maps loading' but the top 15mm of the screen is a mishmash of garbage!
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: nope a clue will do :)
Category: GPS
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 4 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

How old is your Garmin nuvi?

Also did this happen after an update?

Thank you

Tech Michael