Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of GPS devices and systems
32989067

To update the data base in my old but faithful GPSmap-195.

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I'm Seeking to update the data base in my old but faithful GPSmap-195. The Garmin site says no such product currently available. Any suggesions?
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Dan Lawler
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: No troubleshooting, it just needs new data base.
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Serial 61020505
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

You can purchase the update from my link below

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/digital/shop-by-accessories/maps/avdb/gpsmap-195-americas-south-navdata-sup-sup-database/prod31626.html

Then click on the fly.garmin.com link and you can create an account and download and install the update via your web browser

You will see there is a film on the page that will show you this step by step how to do this

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Richard, that Garmin site tells me there is no update product available. Am I doing something wrong? Is there "third party" site that might have the database update for the old GPS-195? Thanks, Dan
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

No, thats the only one, but if it says there is no update available then it means you have the latest one they made, so anything later is not possible, this we now confirmed

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service via one of the stars at the top then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Richard,Well, OK, I'l be honest that I'm disappointed. I advised in my initial contact that the Garmin site says no product is available. The database currently in my GPSmap-195 is six years old, not the latest. Your suggestion of going to the Garmin site was of no help. I appreciate that you tried, but it got me no help.Dan
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Hi Dan,

I gave you the link with the product and the latest update, I cannot see which updates you had installed until you did my instructions and as we now see you have the latest updates installed.

I am sorry you are dissapointed in me for doing this, but I do not feel that's a fair response as we could not know if any further updates were available and we did the right thing and checked

You initially said "The Garmin site says no such product currently available" but when you use my link you see the product there.... so I feel the justification your giving me is not really correct, but you as the customer are of course free to respond how you feel.