Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I have a GPSmap 62s. it says there are no maps area. all

Customer Question

i have a GPSmap 62s. it says there are no maps for this area. all tide times and P.O.I.S are for Maine U.S.A. but i am in nova scotia Canada. can i switch to canadian maps in the unit.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: since i tried to use it in automotive mode
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i just went through the menus. to see if it could be changed to canadian maps, because i hqve to do this on my car unit. icouldnt find anything.
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

If you have Maine POIS and charts, that means you have the north american maps loaded. What you need is the Garmin BlueChart G2 canadian map / charts. ( not G2 vision or G2 HD )

You can get the pre loaded Canadian SD card here,

Once inserted you would just restart your device and then go into settings, map info and select the new canadian Maps~

The Amazon link I sent you will save you 56$ over the cost of the same exact card / map from Garmins website

If you have further questions, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.