MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have 12 years of experience servicing all GPS models.

I have a forerunner 225 and occasionally it saves my

Customer Question

I have a forerunner 225 and occasionally it saves my workouts incorrectly i.e. it assigns them a date in the future. When that happens they dont sync with Strava and show on my device screen after I finish every subsequent workout. My work around has been to delete the workout from my connect profile but it has happened again since my last deletion.
Category: GPS
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 3 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.
If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:
1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.
2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.
The better you describe the problem
, the quicker I can help ;-)
3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)
I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your Garmin Forerunner 225?

Did it work more reliable when it was newer?

Thank you
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
3 months old, worked fine for the first month or so, after a charge and software update (can't remember the update number), the issue started

Thank you for that information.

In this case your device needs service or replacement. Since it is so new, I would insist that they replace it.

This one is still fully covered under the manufacturers warranty.

You need to contact Garmin for warranty service. You can find their phone #'s in the user guide and on the warranty card.

The problem is a bed cell in the memory IC, EEPROM.

When you did the update it didn't fully load due to that issue, and thats when these problems present themselves;-(

I wish I had better news for you one this, I really do, but at least it is covered and wont cost you anything to have it replaced.

If you cant locate their phone # ***** let me know and I can find you one;-)

But the #'s in the manual will get you where you need to be faster as its for your specific device;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you

Tech Michael