Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My six month old mdl 2557 has taken to occasionally not

Customer Question

My six month old mdl 2557 has taken to occasionally not bother coming on when the on button is pressed or when the power cord is plugged in, wait overnight or on one occasion
two days and try again and it comes on as normal. The last few days I've just left it plugged in overnight rather than not have it when needed the next day.
This has all started since the last update I did last month.
A software problem maybe??
Category: GPS
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
AS this model is less than one year old I feel I should not have to pay for advise on this problem
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

You are correct, if you want to send the device into garmin, they will repair it for free. You will be without the device for about 6 weeks though.

You can start that process by using this link http://www8.garmin.com/support/warranty.html

About halfway down the page, the RMA request section will get you going.

With that being said, If you want me to help you repair the device now, there would be a fee. ( unless I was unable to help you fix the device )

Let me know how youd rather proceed.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, if it dies completely I know not to buy another Garmin product. I should not have to pay a cent when
the thing is only six weeks old, not even shipping charges to fix it.
that is not my idea of how warranties should work.
tghanks for not much help
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

""tghanks for not much help ""

Did you even read my response at 1:49 pm ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I read your response altho my copy indicates 10:49,
The answer is still "I do not intent to spend another cent on this devise," I will contact Garmin directly when I get home
in three weeks time
Thank you for your time
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

In that case you may be interested in this link!

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks but no. I've been in direct contact with Garmin, they've suggested a few tricks to try and if that does not work
they will arrange an exchange under the warranty. This is what I should have done in the first place.
Thanks for your effort but I feel this is the better way to.
Please destroy the visa number I sent. I won't complain if you keep the $5.00 deposit.
Cal
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Thanks But no?

The link I sent you, was for a refund.. All you had to do was click it and follow the steps to submit your refund request!