Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years

I have an older etrex. I 't know the model number of it--on

Customer Question

I have an older etrex. I don't know the model number of it--on the front, above the screen, it says 12 channel GPS. The problem I have with it is that the read-out on the screen is so dim that it cannot be read. The batteries are brand new, and just installed. Is there an adjustment that I can make to return the screen to its correct brightness, or, if not, can I send the machine somewhere and get it repaired. I have owned it for over 10 years, I think, so it definitely is out of warranty. I will happily pay for any repairs necessary.
Thanks, ***** ***** (Bob) Heitmanek
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

There are many models that have the 12 channel moniker on the front.. Could you have a look at this page and see if any of these models match what you have?

If not, could you take a picture of your Garmin and send it to me, so I can visually identify it.. This is important for two reasons. whether I help you fix the issue or help you find a place that can repair it, Ive got to k now the specific model so I can give accurate info!

Thank you,

Dustin S