Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.

I just tried to connect my Garmin Edge 810 to my computer

Customer Question

I just tried to connect my Garmin Edge 810 to my computer and it won't recognize it as a USB device. It was working earlier today. But now it just stopped connecting to my computer. I have rebooted my computer and I have downloaded and installed the Garmin USB drivers. Neither have worked to resolve the issue.
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's a Garmin Edge 810 US, Software 5.10
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried rebooting my computer. I have tried all of the USB ports on my computer. I have tried downloading and installing Garmin USB drivers. I have tried hard reset of Garmin Edge 810.
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Not that I know of. Thanks for connecting me.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi there,

The USB cable may have an intermittent fault, or the computer may have gotten confused.

Do you have another USB cable you can try?

Do you have another computer you can try connecting to?

Let me know if you would like remote assistance to troubleshoot the computer side of things...