Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I have a Garmin 1450 LMT with life time maps update .... the

Customer Question

I have a Garmin 1450 LMT with life time maps update .... the garmin express soft ware doesn't recognize it my pc does i am running windows 10 i have tried it on a wondows 8 pc still no luck
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 1450 LMT
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: everything
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: uninstalled re installed did the updates
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To be clear, your pc can see the garmin.. But the garmin express software cannot?

is that correct?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Also, would you like me to connect to your computer from here and work on the issue directly on screen? If so we can set this up via a secure remote assistance session. That session is guaranteed meaning if I cant help you then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees.

Otherwise, I can try and assist you via written support alone. Let me know how you'd like to begin.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
you can connect
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
is there a fee for that??
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Ive sent the offer. There is an additional fee for remote support but If Im not succesful, you would be entitled to a full refund of those fees.

remote support is an optional tool, not mandatory. And allows me to work directly on the issue.

If you want me to connect then click and accept the offer. Otherwise reject the offer and we can continue via written support alone.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This is crap none of these fees are stated up front I already paid $29.95 to talk to you and now for you to connect to my pc its another $30.00 ..... this is crazy I am not a bank. Guess i have no choice but to proceed like we are i don't have the money to keep dishing out .... and hope it my question get results
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

As stated, the remote support was optional, not mandatory.

Lets try to proceed with written support.. It takes a bit more time and patience, but its workable.

Lets completely remove garmin express. To do so, download the free trial of this program

Once you have installed the revo uninstaller program.. Run the program. Use it to remove garmin express. When the normal uninstall process has completed, click advanced on the revo uninstaller window.. Then, click scan. It will find leftover files. Select all and delete all. if it finds more files, select them all and delete them all.

Then, restart your computer .. And then download and install garmin express again

Once installed,open and run garmin express and then click add device. Then, connect your nuvi to the computer and turn it on.

Can garmin express find your device now?

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok I followed all instructions
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Is garmin express installed again?

And if so.. What happens when you click add device, and then connect your nuvi to the computer.. Will it find the nuvi now?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
still not recognized by Garmin but recognized by my pc
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

question.. Do you have the garmin plugged directly into a USB port..

Or do you have it plugged into a USB hub or splitter?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
directly in to the PC USB with a brand new Garmin USB cord i just bought. i have tried different ports as well i have three on this PC
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Hmmm.. Lets try downloading the garmin map updater program and using it instead.

If you install and run that program, can it see your nuvi?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The program is not recognizing it
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Lets try this.. Shut down the nuvi.. Hold your finger in the lower ight hand corner of the touchscreen..

Turn it on while holding your finger there.. When it asks, choose to reset user data.

Once its complete connect it to the PC again.. Can garmin express see it now?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
did it ... still not recognized by either express or maps updater
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

One more thing.

Turn off the garmin, then Try holding your finger in the upper left corner. Then, starting the Garmin while its plugged into the PC

Then try to add it in garmin express. Any luck?

if not, and if you havent done so previously.. Install the garmin usb drivers here

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I completed it still nothing ... I also did a reboot
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Lets try this, on the nuvi itself

go to Volume Screen.
3. Press the upper right hand corner of screen for 10 seconds.
4. The Developers Screen will pop up
5. Scroll down to MTP SETTINGS
7. Shut down NUVI and hookup to Computer USB cable

Can your garmin express see it now?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i wen to the volume screen that you instructed and i am unable to get the developers screen to appear i have tried several times
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Understood. I think Ive reached about the end of what I can do by written support.

I can opt out and let another expert try to assist you, or I can send you the refund link now.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I appreciate you trying guess I will do the refund .... if you couldn't do it I doubt another tech will be able to assist
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I cant rate you
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
how do I ate you ???
It won't let me
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am unable to rate you . How do I do that please?