MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have 12 years of experience servicing all GPS models.

I have my tomtom six yrs now i kept it in the glove

Customer Question

hi i have my tomtom for maybe six yrs now i kept it in the glove compartment of the car i took it out and turnned it on the vol was low so i tried to turn it up but the dial would not move so i tapped th vol dial with my finger would not move so i went to put it away and my hand touched other thing then i got the keyboard with the alfabet and it kept on sohwing the same letter and any other letter i touched alsoat the bottom of the screenwhere it says ok 123and cancel i touch those and the letters keep showing i cant get it to go back destination screenand at the very top of screen it says enter a name for this favorite it seems to be frozen.can you help
Category: GPS
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 3 months ago.

Im sorry to hear that.

I wish I had better news for you on this , I really do, but this one needs repair service.

Due to its age, (and its about at its lifes end), it would need a specific IC the EPROM IC has failed.

You can have this repaired by bringing it to Best Buy or Sears, but that costs about $ 60.00 US. If I were you I would simply replace this one because the new ones are cheaper than that one was six years ago. And the new ones have way more awesome features and do a lot more for less.

If you do want it fixed instead of replacing this one please let me knwo and I will direct you to the best place online ven for that;-)

But other parts will begin to fail soon after you repair this, so its really not worth the cost;-(

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a wonderful evening !

Tech Michael