Jason Jones, Customer Service
Experience:  Several years experience with GPS technologies.
30759776

My garmin gps suddenly doesn't recognize the maps in it.

Customer Question

My garmin gps suddenly doesn't recognize the maps in it. Just shows a large map go the US and Mexico and won't navigate. Help....chris
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Gpsmap 62stc. Have had it for at Least 5 or 6 years.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None. I am not very technical. I replaced batteries and re calibrated.
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: It worked fine that day, then the next way
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question today.

I am very sorry to hear that your Garmin GPS device has faulted as such. In this case, it appears that the firmware has become corrupt for some reason. The way to fix is it to install the application named Garmin Express and update the device. You may download the aforementioned application from the following page: http://software.garmin.com/en-US/express.html

After installing the software, open the program, plug you GPS device into the computer, and choose to Update the Software on the device. Once that completes, you will be all set.

I look forward to hearing your feedback concerning whether or not your problem is fixed.

I hope to hear back that all is working. If this is so, please do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page (choose the number of stars and click the Submit button). If it is not, please respond below.

I will be standing by,
Jason

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page. To keep them handy, you may wish to bookmark or favorite one of the pages that are listed below. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!".

Profile page:

http://JasonFixedit.com

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am not very technical at all , just not sure about the process. Will try. But not very tech savvy. Thank you. Chris

Hello Chris,

If you wish, I can remote into your computer and help you do this. If you want me to do so, please click the Accept this Offer button for the Secure Remote Assistance session. It does charge another fee, due to the fact that it will take a bit more of my time; however, that will be the last and final charge.

I look forward to your response.

- Jason

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not Much luck. Very very very very frustrating. Nothing is easy ad it's supposed to be. Very very frustrating. Very frustrating to have a 500 device unusable. Chris

I am very sorry to hear that. At this point, it appears that the device itself is faulted and will not be able to be repaired. Is the device under any type of warranty? If so, it is time to contact the warranty holder and request a replacement or repair.