Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I charged my Garnin S2 with a Life Tech car adapter. At

Customer Question

I charged my Garnin S2 with a Life Tech car adapter. At first it seem to charge but did get hot. Now I cannot get the unit to operate from the UBC ,It is just dead...can you help..thanks joe s
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: This is the first TIME THAT I TRIED THE CAR ADAPTER, I CONNECTED THE UBC TO THE LIFE TECH LAST NIGHT FOR THE FIRST TIME...JOE S
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: THE S2 WILL NOT TURN ON . iRE-CONNECTED TO MY COMPUTER AND NOTHING IS HAPPENING, I DON'T EVEN HEAR THE COMPUTER CONNECT SOUND..JOE S
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: NO TV, I've CHARGEING FROM MY LAPTOP INTEL COMPUTER....JOE S
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: PLEASE HELP..JOE S
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Depending on how hot the device was, the charger may have damaged the battery or even over heated the system board for the Approach S2.

However, for good measure lets try this master reset as it may clear the error state on teh machine and allow it to charge.

Press and hold DOWN
- Press LIGHT/POWER
- Release DOWN and LIGHT/POWER when screen displays Clear user data?
- Select Yes

If you can reset it, you should be good to go. But I would strongly suggest not using the device with that same charger again.

So whether or not it resets, please let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.