Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

My garmin s2 watch battery doesnt last through one round of

Customer Question

my garmin s2 watch battery doesnt last through one round of golf
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Garmin Approach S2. I think about 1.5 years
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The battery may be failing. Does it indicate a full charge, before you use it? if so, then it isn't dirty contacts or a loose mounting, but rather a battery that is either failing to hold charge or failing to deliver power enough... the normal pattern for the eventual failure of a rechargeable battery.

At 1.5 years, it is several month or six months out of warranty. So repair would be at your expense, not Garmin's. If you think you have a fine touch and fine tools, you might be able to replace the battery yourself, though. Let me know if you are interested in that option, or in the option of having the battery replaced by Garmin or another service co. perhaps. Thanks.