Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My speed/cadence power sensors from ny vector are not being

Customer Question

my speed/cadence power sensors from ny vector are not being found by my 510
Category: GPS
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi Sam,

First, check for any firmware updates that may contain a bug fix.

To check for firmware updates for your Garmin Head unit, you can use Garmin WebUpdater or connect to your computer via the Garmin Express software.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did before I contacted you. Everything is current and up to date. Still not connecting
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

If an update did not help, and you have already fitted fresh batteries as well, then please make sure that the battery cover is properly installed; if that's not the problem then try testing the batteries with a voltmeter to check if they are indeed good.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It still doesnt work. It's like you didnt read my emails where I explained that I already did what you suggested. I feel like I was ripped off and charged the $40 dollars for no reason. I am not even sure you know how the Vector system works. If you do I would love to hear something constructive to fix this problem
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Sam,

I don't see in your messages where you already tried checking for firmware updates?

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

I also don't see where you said that you checked the battery cover is properly installed?