Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My speed/cadence power sensors from ny vector are not being

Customer Question

my speed/cadence power sensors from ny vector are not being found by my 510
Category: GPS
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi Sam,

First, check for any firmware updates that may contain a bug fix.

To check for firmware updates for your Garmin Head unit, you can use Garmin WebUpdater or connect to your computer via the Garmin Express software.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did before I contacted you. Everything is current and up to date. Still not connecting
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

If an update did not help, and you have already fitted fresh batteries as well, then please make sure that the battery cover is properly installed; if that's not the problem then try testing the batteries with a voltmeter to check if they are indeed good.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It still doesnt work. It's like you didnt read my emails where I explained that I already did what you suggested. I feel like I was ripped off and charged the $40 dollars for no reason. I am not even sure you know how the Vector system works. If you do I would love to hear something constructive to fix this problem
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Sam,

I don't see in your messages where you already tried checking for firmware updates?

Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

I also don't see where you said that you checked the battery cover is properly installed?