Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

My garmin 810 stuck on diagnostic test, garmin edge 810, two

Customer Question

my garmin 810 stuck on diagnostic test
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: garmin edge 810, two years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i tried pressing both lap and start/reset button and then tried reset but not working
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: just how to return to normal screen
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Lets try the following.. Remove the sd card inserted into your edge, leave it out. Then shut it down / power it off.

1. Power device off
  2. Touch and hold finger in top-left corner of display
  3. Power device on while still holding your fingertip on the top left corner of the display
  4. Release display when the Reset device settings to factory default? message appears
  5. Touch Yes

Will the device boot past the diagnostics mode now?

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.