Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Nuvi 1300 will not turn back on after update today, 1300

Customer Question

Nuvi 1300 will not turn back on after update today
JA: What model of Nuvi are you using? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 1300 nuvi garmin ....6 years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I don't know how to troubleshoot this....I've never tangled with a garmin
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No that would be great thank you so much
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Lets try a master reset first.. You may have to attempt this two or three times..

If you cant make it to the screen where it asks you to clear all user data, let me know.

If youre able to complete this reset please reply even if this solves the issue, thank you.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Crappy I didn't get the answer to the question I asked and I couldn't get back without paying $40 so now I don't want to even be a member of this so thank
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

I tried to assist you, and sent you a possible answer. If it didnt work, I implored you to get back to me.

At the end of the day, for ongoing live help, with techs who work with garmin devices day in and day out, you cant expect free support.

If you dont want to continue, the link below will be of interest to you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Oh Dustin I'm sorry I'm just frustrated and it is the end of the day and I appreciate you trying to help I think the battery's dead and we're going to go somewhere tomorrow to try and fix it I appreciate you trying to help thank
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Not a problem. Just so you are prepared when you go to check out the battery.. A full replacement kit for that battery including the needed tools should only cost about 20$ as seen here.

If you go to a repair shop, they could order just the battery for much less then that ( assuming they have the tools needed to replace the battery)

For instance, this battery is compatible, and less then 5$

That batteries are easy enough to replace. If they charged you more then 50$ in labor to replace the battery, I would out right refuse.20-35$ should be a fair price for labor, since it will only take about 5-ten minutes for an experienced gps tech to replace it. And 20-30 for an ordinary Joe to replace it.

Best of luck,

Dustin S

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you so much I hope you have a great weekend coming up
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Youre welcome, and I hope you enjoy the weekend as well!

Dustin S