Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years

I am trying to download an update garmin nuvi and getting a

Customer Question

I am trying to download an update for my garmin nuvi and getting a message that unable to do so on my computer, on which two years ago I was able to
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: on the model it just says garmin nuvi. I could give you the serial # ***** necessary. it is about 8yrs old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i am technologically challenged, so i have not tried anything yet
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no thanks, ***** ***** as someone can help me with updates
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & Welcome,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the device you are working with? If you can send the Serial Number (usually printed on the case, right next to a BAR CODE), that would help.

2) What type of computer do you have (windows, mac. etc.)?

3) What program (tool) are you trying to run to update the device?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
With the help of my son I have been able to resolve this issue, thanks.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

I'm glad you got the issue resolved.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

And when you are ready, please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for my time in helping you today.
You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-