Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years

I want to program a travel father on s Garmin Nuvi 2595,

Customer Question

I want to program a travel for my father on his Garmin Nuvi 2595
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: l2595LMT
JA: Huh?
Customer: 2595LMT
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: He has tried to putting in his destination and the routing he wants to take is different then the one he wants to take
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: the trip is from Fredericksburg, VA to Thorold, Ontario, Canada
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you or your father may be having with the unit.

May I ask:

1) HOW is the route different - from what your father wants to take?

2) HOW LONG have you (or your father) had this unit?

Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hi again,

I didn't see a response back here, but wanted to send the following information anyway - just in case your responses got lost.

One of the easiest ways to have a route generated that is NOT what the device comes up with by "default" or based on the Navigation settings is to use the "Trip Planner" feature of this device.

The Trip Planner allows anyone to set SEVERAL "stops" or "via points" along a particular trip, and the device will use that information to build a route that follows those stops.

For example, if the device calculates a route that takes I-70 & I-99 & I-80 towards the WEST (which may be the "fastest" route, but you want to take US-15 N - up through Harrisburg & Williamsport (for example), you could use the Trip Planner to plan a route that includes those cities, or road intersections that go along that route.

If those points are not enough to take you on the route you want to go, simply add more stops (cities, intersections, etc.) along the route until the route you want to drive is "close enough" on the device. Then SAVE that route (to store it). When it comes time for the trip, simply selected that saved trip (route) and start it up.

As an example of how the Trip Planner works, I have a link to a video that shows how to create and route, add stops, and how to recall the route and start it up.

Click Here for Video -->

Please give that video a look and then try some simple Trip Planning on your device, and let me know if that works for you.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-