Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I have just purchased your drivesmart 50 from Costco. I do

Customer Question

I have just purchased your drivesmart 50 from Costco. I do not have a smart phone. All I want is to get good traffic routes when driving to Los Angeles. The instructions that came in the box are vague. I am not a technical person. Can you help? Thanks.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & Welcome,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the device you are working with? That is, do you have ANY "letters" after the NUMBER - such as LMT or LMTHD?

2) Have you installed the device IN the vehicle yet, using the Vehicle Power adapter that came with it? If so, HOW LONG has the device been running?

3) Are you currently in the Los Angeles area?

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello Greg,
There are no letters on the box. I have not installed it. I do not know which is the power adaptor. No I am not in Los Angeles. Frankly, I had assumed you were an employee of Garmin. I gather you are not. I have been unable to download the manual because I do not have a complete model number. So the situation seems way too complicated for me, and I have decided to return the unit to Costco and get a refund. Thus, your services are not longer required.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.

Hi again,

May I ask if you have already returned the unit, or just thinking about it?

I only ask because there may be something we can do to get you started with this unit (which is a nice device).

Thanks

(im)