JA Engineer
JA Engineer, Engineer
Experience:  Broadcast Engineer for over 7 years.
53814968

I have been trying to update my maps on my Garmin. On July

Customer Question

I have been trying to update my maps on my Garmin. On July 24, 2014 I bought the life time updates. I have not been able to find where or how I can up date, every time to go to a page it wants to sell me another update package.
Category: GPS
Expert:  JA Engineer replied 5 months ago.

Hello Sharon.

Sorry to hear that the lifetime updates aren't working. I know that in the past the updater had "issues" that were thought to have been rectified. Something is obviously still wrong.

There is, however, another way to download the map update onto your SD card. The instructions below will help you to to complete the map update on your device and to install the maps onto your SD card.

(1) Click here to visit the Garmin Map Updates page.
(2) Click on Automotive.
(3) Connect your Garmin device to the computer. Once your device is detected, click on Find Map Updates.
(4) Click the tab named Device Content.
(5) Click on Download on City Navigator North America NT 2016.XX where XX is the latest month update, like 06 or 04, whatever the most recent month is.
(6) Under Option 2, click Garmin Map Update Application to begin the map update on your device.

Once completed, you will have the latest maps on your device.

Please remember to click on 5 stars above and then click Submit so that I can be paid for assisting you.

Have a good evening.

Hello Sharon.

I have not heard back from you and was wondering if my help assistance resolved your problem.

If so, please remember to click on 5 stars above and click Submit so that I can be paid for assisting you.

Have a good evening.