Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

Is my garmin nevi 1490 to old to receive updates? looking,

Customer Question

Is my garmin nevi 1490 to old to receive updates?
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: looking
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: tried installing g express am not sure it installed n my mac
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Yes: If my Mac Pro 2013 doesn't have sufficient space to download the installer, will the app let me know?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Your nuvi isnt too old to receive updates, but if you dont have the 1490 LM model, t hen you would have to pay for the map updates.

With that being said, if youd like me to connect to your mac, download and install the correct software, make sure your garmin is detected, and then help you complete the update process, let me know. We can set that up as a secure remote connection.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I there a charge for that help? By the way, I know there are little old ladies who would like to marry you based on your technical background. OK , I'm ready
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That was just a joke....
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Im here.. There would be a charge, I will send you that offer now. If Im unsuccessful, you would be entitled to a full refund. Or, if the charge seems too much then we can try to continue via written support alone.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
As i'm am unable to find any model name, I think i'll just cancel the whole process. Thank you for your patience and please do verify that you have refunded the $24.99.
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

The additional 24.99 wasnt charged to you, as you never clicked or approved it.

As far as the model name.. You mentioned before that you have a Nuvi 1490, which is a correct model number.

if you dont want to continue though, we dont have to.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks.