Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of GPS devices and systems

My garmin watch is connected to the charger but screen is

Customer Question

My garmin watch is connected to the charger but screen is blank and won't turn on
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I believe it was an earlier model, like S1... Maybe four years okd
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Garmin and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the unit.

Let me know the results please

Thank you