Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a Garmin G6 Approach golf gps. I've recently updated

Customer Question

I have a Garmin G6 Approach golf gps. I've recently updated the course information.On one hole in particular at my club, the distances it gives to the pin are out by about 15 m. Thus, as I approach the edge of the green, it shows me to be at the centre (on a green that is about 32 m long). Is there any way of correcting this (any way of getting it to show the correct location for this hole)? Course is Melville Glades Golf Club, and the problem is the 13th hole. (Google Earth shows the centre of the green to be at 32.073188 S, 115.86723 E.) Thank you. Martin F****, Perth, Western Australia.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

If its only one hole on the course, this may be an error in the actual course file for that course. But, Id still like to try a few repairs first just to be certain.

To perform the master reset:

Power Approach off
Press and hold on the upper left side of display
Power device on while still maintaining pressure on display
Release on display when Do you really want to erase all user data? message appears
Touch Yes
The Approach is now reset. Leave the device outside with a clear view of the sky for a minimum of 20 minutes to acquire satellite data.

That reset, could very well fix the issue. So please try that and it should read properly.. if not, send a reply and we can discuss other options.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK, I'll try that, and see (tomorrow, Wed), if it has corrected the problem with that one hole.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How do I reconnect with you afterwards, either for a follow-up question, or to give my consent for payment?
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

That sounds like a plan.. And whether this works or not please send a reply so we can either mark this issue as solved, or so we can discuss further steps.

To reconnect, either log into justanswer,com then click my questions at the top right, then click our question and then scroll down and send a reply. Or, open one of the message from justanswer in your email that says you have received an answer or reply, and inside that message click the button to view or reply on justanswer. Either one of those methods will bring you back to this page.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok, thank you Dustin.
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

No worries, see you after Wednesday and good luck with your round.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Dustin
No joy! GPS was still out by the same amount on the particular hole in question (about 15 m). It has smaller errors on some other holes, and is spot on for most. So I guess it must be just the course information that is incorrect for some holes. I have sent feedback to Garmin describing the problem, and giving them the correct co-ordinates for the centre of the green and the centre of the tee-box (obtained from Google Earth), and am awaiting some response from them.
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

It sounds like you are ahead of the curve.. And this is something that can only be fixed by garmin editing the course file for that course.

The link below may be of interest to you since I cant provide you any further help

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok, I'll ask for a refund