Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years

I have an etrex 20, and have both the topo lower 49 2012 and

Customer Question

I have an etrex 20, and have both the topo lower 49 2012 and co plat 4GPS installed on an older computer. Just bought a new computer (Windows 10) and wonder how to transfer those map sets to it?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

When you purchased those map sets, you should have purchased them through the garmin website.. To transfer those maps to a new computer.

You need to download and install t he 4gps program you were using on the new computer. Then, either A.

Log into garmin, and then check your products page, maps, and find the u nlock code and download and install the map into the program again.

Or, on the old computer, go into your appdata local an roaming folders.. Copy the 4gps folder from both locations, and paste it into the appdata folder on the new computer.. That will transfer the maps, and the unlock codes..

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Did not seem to work. Leaving for the evening, so I can't respond until tomorrow
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Would you like me to connect to your computer from here and work on the issue directly on screen? If so we can set this up via a secure remote assistance session. That session is guaranteed meaning if I cant help you then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees.

Otherwise, I can try and assist you via written support alone. If youd like to continue tonight or tomorrow, that may be our best option so I can connect and transfer or install the needed files personally.

Dustin S