Jason Jones, Customer Service
Experience:  Several years experience with GPS technologies.
30759776

My Garmin froze up while in the car and now won't turn back

Customer Question

My Garmin froze up while in the car and now won't turn back on. My computer also won't recognize it now
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: nuvi 2595LM...About 3 years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried to turn it back on but it wont turn on
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 5 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today. At first, I would suggest plugging the Garmin into a charger for at least 15 minutes and then try turning it on again. If that doesn't fix the problem, please continue below.

The Garmins often times, have a software fault that cause it to freeze. When it freezes, it looks like it is off, but really it is on and frozen. To fix this, do the following:
- Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.

- Let go of the button for 1 second, then hold the power button for 4 seconds, and let go.

Doing so, will reset the device and turn it on.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

P.S. If you do not know the answers to any of my questions or are confused about something, please let me know by replying on this page.

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at ohe following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page:

http://JasonFixedit.com

Is there anything else that you need help with? If we are done, please do not forget to rate me 3 stars or more. If there is more to be done, please let me know.

Thank you,

***** *****