Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Used my nuvi2539LMT once and it turned off when I turned off

Customer Question

used my nuvi2539LMT once and it turned off when I turned off my truck. However when I restarted my truck I had to turn on my nuvi, did this twice then the nuvi would not come on again, What happened?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Sometimes we can fix issues like this with a factory reset.. make sure the nuvi is plugged into your computer via its usb cord, and then try the following

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWaEX4jWtog

Whether this works or not please send a detailed reply so we can continue.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Nuvi would not come on.
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

When you press and hold the power button for a minute.. Does it flash, does it show anything at all on screen?

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok Held it for 30 seconds, no flashing it shows nothing on the screen. Using Windows 10.
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Allright.. One more question.

When you have it plugged in, whether in the truck or to the computer.. Does the charging light on the nuvi come on or flash?

Also, roughly how long have you had the nuvi?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No the charging light does not come on. I've had it for less than three weeks.
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

If you have had it for less then three weeks, then my advice is going to be to return it to garmin, who will replace it for you for free. As any steps you and I do next would void your warranty. And since you have a warranty and garmin will replace it for free, thats your best route to go.

Near the bottom of this page it will show you how to return this u nit for a new replacement from garmin

http://www8.garmin.com/support/warranty.html

Dustin S.