Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of GPS devices and systems

Nuvi is asking names after I enter a postcode.model is an

Customer Question

Nuvi is asking for street names after I enter a postcode.model is an old 255 but has been kept updated
JA: What model of Nuvi are you using? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Model is a 255 but has been kept updated. It seemed to work OK yesterday??
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Usual power down restart
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: That's all I think
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Nuvi and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the unit and use it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you