Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My S2 does not seem to charge. It is dead if a powersource

Customer Question

My S2 does not seem to charge. It is dead if a powersource is not attached. If a power source is attached it shows Garmin for 2 seconds and blank for 2 seconds in a continuous loop. I have tried the soft and hard reset and it did not change. Should I change the battery?
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: My devise is about 10 months old. Servicing it is tough as I bought the device in the US but use it in Malaysia. Garmin S2
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I do not know what to try
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Id definitely change the battery , as unfortunately these batteries are prone to failure and short lifespans since they are simple coin cell batteries..

You can either use a service like this that will provide a new battery and replace the battery for you, for 50$ http://amzn.to/297baOI

Or, you can order the battery yourself http://amzn.to/28WDHsx for 24$ and replace the battery yourself, or have it replaced locally.

With those options being listed.. If the device was purchased brand new under a year ago, garmin would repair this for you as part of your warranty.

Since the device was purchased in the US, you need to follow the steps on this page to contact the garmin US office if you want them to replace it as part of your warranty.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/warranty.html

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Hello again, I never heard back from you, Did you still need help with this issue?

Dustin S.