Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years

Where is the "setting" position on the LMT 60? My screen is

Customer Question

Where is the "setting" position on the LMT 60? My screen is filled with Arabic writing and I can't seem to change it to English
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) How long have you had this device?

2) Has it EVER shown English on the display?

3) WHEN did this issue first begin?

4) How far can you get into the SETTINGS, to TRY and change the TEXT Language? For example, can you ever see any "lips" icon and get into that screen (when you touch the lips)?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Just bought yesterday and it did have English on it but just handling for few minutes the Arabic came up and not fluent.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 months ago.

OK - was the unit connected to the Vehicle Power Adapter at the time this switch happened, OR was it running only in the internal battery?

Also, can you successfully switch the device OFF, or get back to the MAIN Screen (where the Where to (Magnifying Glass) and View Map (Map) icons appear?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Language must have changes when I was trying to mount it in auto and you can switch the device. Off but nothing but Arabic appears.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 months ago.

OK - I understand.

Do you have the device with you, and is it charged up enough to try a couple of things - such as trying to change the language?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Had it on charge since last night and unit in front of me
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can'even turn unit off - nothing but Garmim logp
Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 months ago.

OK - please take a look at the following video - of a unit of this series - and look at the first 20 seconds or so. This unit (in the video) is in Spanish, but if you watch carefully and touch the appropriate icons ("gear" and "multiple/screens") AND touch the SECOND line on that last screen, that should be able to allow you to select American English - just link in the video.

Click here for Video -->

Please give that a try and let me know what happens.

Thanks, ***** *****

Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 months ago.

NOTE: if you EVER have to get back to the main screen, press and HOLD the "back arrow".

Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 months ago.

Hi again,

I just wanted to follow up and see if that did the trick for you, or if you have any more questions.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-