Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years

I can't get my Garmin Express app to find my Edge 510 when I

Customer Question

I can't get my Garmin Express app to find my Edge 510 when I plug it into the PC. Can you help? I've already restarted a few times and nothing seems to work.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Windows 10 64-bit
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Also, would you like me to connect to your computer from here and work on the issue directly on screen? If so we can set this up via a secure remote assistance session. That session is guaranteed meaning if I cant help you then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees.

Otherwise, I can try and assist you via written support alone. Let me know how you'd like to begin.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sure you can remote to assist
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not sure if you received my reply, but I am okay with remote assistance.
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Ive sent the offer for remote assistance, once it has been clicked and accepted, I will send the connection steps.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
WHy does the cost keep going up when you haven't done anything yet. THis is nothing but a scam.
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

15$ for GPS help is already about 20% of the going rate. Remote assistance is of course extra, this is done to keep our initial costs for written support as low as possible.

If you want to send the unit into garmin for a flat rate repair, that will cost upwards of 100$.. And again, remote support is optional , it does cost extra, and you asked for remote support.

If you consider this to be a scan, then here is the refund link and you can seek help elsewhere.