Benjamin Larson
Benjamin Larson, Customer Service
Experience:  Software Development Engineer
94796889

I just uploaded an activity from my Garmin edge 800 and

Customer Question

Hi. I just uploaded an activity from my Garmin edge 800 and accidently deleted it. It's still on the device, but I can't seem to re-load it through Garmin express.
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Garmin edge 800, about 4 years old.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Disconnecting device and connecting again, syncing device. It says you're now up to date, but when I check the activity does not show on calendar or in activities.
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No. Thanks.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Benjamin Larson replied 5 months ago.

Hi there! My name is ***** ***** I'd like to help you with your question.

Have you looked device settings for Express? I believe you can tick a box and it will automatically deleted successfully synced activities. It may think it was successful, so it isn't trying to reupload it. If that doesn't work, you might also want to power cycle the Garmin, remove the device from Garmin express, then once it powers back on, re-add it. One of those two things should do the trick.

If that solved your issue, awesome! I would greatly appreciate a rating of my answer. If you still need help, please let me know and I'll try to keep working with you. Thanks!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Benjamin.Thanks for these suggestions. There is no tick box I can see in Garmin Express settings for me to delete successfully synced activities. I deleted my garmin device and have re-loaded it, but still there is no activity from my ride today.Any more suggestions please?Thanks,Dave.

Hi Dave,

You are welcome. To make sure I'm understanding you correctly -

1. you have a ride on your Garmin Edge 800 and you are trying to sync it with your computer using the Garmin express program, is that right?
  2. Are you using Mac or PC?
  3. What version of Garmin Express are you using?
  4. What version is on the Edge (if you don't know, that's fine, I'm just asking in case it helps me narrow things down)

In the meantime I'll try to do some more research, I've not personally run into this issue, but I have seen a lot of people having sync issues, though not an exact match for yours.

Thanks,

Benjamin

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Benjamin.I've managed to resolve it now.Thanks.Dave.

Thanks for letting me know Dave. If you please rate my answer, I would greatly appreciate it. If you have any follow up questions, please do let me know. Thanks again!