Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My Nubia 2569 has stopped working blank screen after taking

Customer Question

My Nubia 2569 has stopped working blank screen after taking me on a detour ... I had no idea where I was. How can I get it to come back on?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Nuvi
JA: Huh?
Customer: It happened once when I went to use it. But yesterday it happened as I say in mid route.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have no idea how one finds out about trouble shooting, hence contacting yourselves.
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No just want this Garmin to work. Are you part of Garmin or a fee paid Technician?
JA: No. I'm the GPS Technician's Assistant.
Customer: Ok so what should I do?
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Nuvi 2569
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Normally we can fix these types of issues by doing a master reset, this video will show you how.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE2AeR7adtY

After the reset is complete, id also suggest connecting your nuvi to your computer, downloading and install the newest version of garmin express from here. http://software.garmin.com/en-US/express.html

And then using garmin express to update the software on your nuvi.

That should fix the issue!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No I saw the you tube and tried that before I contacted you.
And I've had it plugged in for hours to update but nothing has happened so this hasn't helped.
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

When you try the reset, what exactly happens on the Nuvi.. What do you see?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Nothing
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

When you plug the device into charge.. Does the charging light come on at all?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Where are you based
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Look forget it. I have never ever had any success with any online technical help with anything. You could tell me how to unsubscribe and cancel my subscription.
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Our company is based in San Francisco.

Im based out of Virginia Beach. You never answered the question about the charging light.. As that will tell us if this is a battery issue, or a mainboard issue on the garmin.

With that being said, here is the link to cancel the subscription as requested.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-cancel-my-subscription-hl

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Waiting?
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Waiting for two minutes.. Typing takes time. Not instantaneous.

Our company is based in San Francisco.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No you cannot phone me as I am on duty now.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Well I'm in the uk and I switched to what was supposed to be a uk version(?). Please just answer how to unsubscribe.
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Inside my previous reply, I included the subscription cancellation link.

Now, I committed my time in good faith and was working through the repair process with you when you decided to quit. My time is just as valuable as yours, Ive already sent you the link to cancel your subscription and Im sending it again.

But unless you actually want paid help, please dont expect another response. Thank you,

Dustin S

----> Subscription cancellation link http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-cancel-my-subscription-hl