Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years

I cant download the proper software to update my roadmate.

Customer Question

I cant download the proper software to update my roadmate. all I seem to get crap I dont want.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: qan hour or so
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Its Internet I type Magellan and it gives pages for downloading drivers and such I have software for my Garmin and its easy to get and works fine
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I cant read it its too small I can see the s/n though
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: just alittle frustrated. if I can update this thing Ill be happy
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 4 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

What site are you trying to get the update from?

Also please explain exactly what happens from start to finish from hook up to your computer etc and what happens so I can help;-)

Thank you

Tech Michael