Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

MY garmon s4 won't charge : This is first time. : Nothing

Customer Question

MY garmon s4 won't charge
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: This is first time.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing yet just looking to see
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
24 hours
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Somestimes a reset will get the device charging again, so lets try this first

1. Power off device
  2. Press and hold Score
  3. Press the Power button
  4. Select Yes when prompted "Clear user data?" (all buttons may be released at this time)

The device should now be reset to default factory settings, and the device should function as expected.

if that doesnt get the device charging and working, t hen we either need to replace the charging cord which you can get here.

At the same time, theres a high likelihood it could be the battery.. And with this link you can ship the device off to have its battery replaced for 50$, which includes the battery, and labor.

At the same time, you can get a brand new S4 for 180$

If you have further questions or concerns, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was charged 46 dollars not 5 as was written.
I would like a refund
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form,I was charged 46,00
what happened
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

The 5$ deposit is a good faith deposit.. No company could provide tech support for 5$ only, as thats below minimum wage and it takes fully qualified technicians to work tech support ( effectively)

With that being said, Did you try the steps I suggested? Did the reset help the device to start charging?