Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years

Sound/ voice suddenly disappear. Tried mute. Didn't do

Customer Question

Sound/ voice suddenly disappear. Tried mute. Didn't do anything. Tried turning system off. Do sound or voice. What could be the problem to cause nuvi 1300 to lose sound / voice suddenly. Very unsafe to drive trying to look on the garmin n still keep my eyes on the road.
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Nuvi 1300
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: All else works well except the voice. Difficult to drive when you can hear the directions. My other Garmins are fine so far n love them better than Tom Tom or Magellan
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) WHEN was the device last used SUCCESSFULLY (with sound/voice)?

2) The AGE of the device?

3) WHEN this issue first began?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If this doesn't restore the voice/ sound. Will I still be charged ?
Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 months ago.

Hi again,

We experts here try to help you with troubleshooting and other steps to restore proper operation of your device, but in some cases there can be "hardware issues" with the device that will need "physical" repair - if that is still possible.

Of course we will not KNOW until we take some troubleshooting steps.

ANYTHING related to site operation here (such as charges, etc.), can be looked at using the "My Account" or "HELP" links on your side of the system.

If you would like to try to troubleshoot this issue and see IF it can be corrected here, please respond to the questions I asked above.

Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-