Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

NO SPD CARD CHECK AGAIN IN 30 SECS(COUNTS DOWN) REMAIN UNTIL

Customer Question

NO SPD CARD CHECK AGAIN IN 30 SECS(COUNTS DOWN) REMAIN UNTIL TURNOFF.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: MESSAGE I GET IS (PLEASE CHECK AGAIN IN 30 SECS.REMAIN UNTIL TURN OFF. (COUNTING DOWN)
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: GOLF BUDDY PLATINUM
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: NO
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

Below are the steps to try when you see the above message.

GolfBuddy Platinum - what to do if you see the "No SD Card" message.

1) Verify that the SD card is inserted correctly. If needed, FULLY REMOVE (Eject) & REPLACE the SD card.
NOTES:
The SD card slot is on the bottom of the unit, right next to the charging port.
SD card should NOT be sticking out - but needs to be FULLY inserted.

2) If still experiencing issues, please try the "Emergency Reboot" - using a computer (as follows).
2a) Make sure the unit is powered off.
2b) Connect the USB cable to a powered ON computer, without the device being connected.
2c) Hold down the MENU button. WHILE holding the MENU button, connect the unit to the USB cable.
2d) Once the EMERGENCY REBOOT message displays on the screen, release the MENU button but leave the unit connected to the USB cable UNTIL the process is complete.

3) If still experiencing issues: After a Service Request Registration, contact Golf Buddy Support at number listed below.
Golf Buddy Technical Support:
1-***-***-****

Hours of Operation
Mon - Fri 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM Pacific time.

Please give these things a try and let me know your results - when you can.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)