Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I need a replacement battery Becker map polit : Its saying

Customer Question

I need a replacement battery for the Becker map polit
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Its saying the battery is no good
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no I just need to know where to order it from and if i need to charge it first by the USB cable and for how long be fore putting the unit back in the car.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please remove the battery from the device.

(How old is the Harman Becker Map Pilot you have?)

That's done by pressing no the sliding battery cover and pushing it in the direction of the arrow.

Look on the battery label. What is its part #, please? that isn't listed anywhere that I can find.

With that information (and maybe the voltage, or 'V', which will be listed on the battery's label also) I can find a source for the replacement.