Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I did a update yesterday and tried to used my GPS today. Now

Customer Question

I did a update yesterday and tried to used my GPS today. Now all I get is The application Golfbuddy (processcom.decasys.g3) has stopped unexpectedly
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: With that message it just says force close and then nothing happens.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Golfbuddy Platimum
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: When I do hit the force close button it will say searching for satellites then it goes back to the same message
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

All we should have to do is an emergency reboot and it will clear that error.

heres how to do it..

Have the unit turned off.
Hold the menu button.
And while holding down on the menu button, plug the unit into a computer or a power outlet using the data cable.
It should light up and indicate the emergency booting.
Then release the menu button.
After this procedure, please update the firmware on your unit. This will improve the correct performing of the unit. You can update the firmware using the GolfBuddy World Course Manager.

For detailed instructions on how to perform this steps, please click on the link below:

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It will not bring up the web site.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Ive just started my shift for today and seen your reply.

Before you tried to go to the website, were you able to get the Golfbuddy to go through the emergency reboot process?

Also, when you click this link what exactly happens.