Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

How do I fix a Garmin FMI45 so that it can be hooked up to

Customer Question

How do I fix a Garmin FMI45 so that it can be hooked up to my nüvi® 2639LMT. I do not need anything about fleet management just connectingit to my cigaret lighter plug so it will provide power for my nüvi® 2639LMT and give me traffic info
Category: GPS
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

The traffic wont work wit hout the fleet management services.. And also, the FMI 45 isnt compatible with your nuvi either way.

The FMI25 is compatible with your n uvi, but the traffic STILL would not work without the fleet management services.

If you can return the FMI45 cable you have and get a refund, I would do so. If you want traffic on your Nuvi 2639, you will need a traffic cable such as this one.

http://amzn.to/1RVMPr2

With that being said, If youd like me to call you and discuss this over the phone, I can send you that offer now. It would be an extra charge though, and wed simply arrive at the same outcome I described above.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.