Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

Does one need an adapter to connect a Garmin GTM20 traffic

Customer Question

Does one need an adapter to connect a Garmin GTM20 traffic receiver to a Nuvi 765T? If so, what is the Part Number? The GPS unit has a mini-USB receptacle for the power cord and the plug on the GTM20 will not fit.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device connections.

What you will actually need is the "cradle" for this series of devices (700 series), where the GTM 20 connects, and then the device "mounts" on the cradle.

I have a link to Amazon where that exact cradle & suction cup mount are listed.

Click Here --> http://amzn.to/1J8pU9y

Note: These cradle & mounts are becoming scarce, but you may be able to find only at a well stocked store - that carries a LOT of Garmin devices and accessories.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I found the black hole of the receptacle for the traffic receiver plug hiding in the black plastic side of the GPS mount.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.

Very good.

Were you able to connect the receiver to the mount and then the device to the mount - and get it to work for you?

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Haven't had a chance to try it in the car, yet. I expect that it will work - at least I know how to connect it.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.

OK - very good.

Just so you know, any "traffic features" of the device itself will ONLY appear when the traffic receiver is connected and operating.

That is, if the device is operated on battery power ONLY, the traffic features will not be accessible on the device.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)