Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I'm using my Garmin nuvi first time . I've successfully

Customer Question

I'm using my Garmin nuvi for the first time for years. I've successfully updated the maps but now I can't get the machine to start. There's a vague image under the Garmin logo. It's still plugged into the computer (Mac)
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The owner's manual says its 55/56/65/66 and I guess it's 3/4 years old
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Serial no 3nh 01d 013752 but difficult to read
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Lets try to master reset your device. ( this wont undo the map updates you did, but should get the device working again)

First, disconnect the garmin from your mac and turn it off. Then, follow the steps in this short video to reset the unit.

Once complete, your device should turn on and work normally. Let me know if thats the case and the device is working after trying the master reset, or let me know if it didnt work and you need more help. Thank you!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.