Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I have a GO 740 that I am trying to down load new maps to. I

Customer Question

I have a GO 740 that I am trying to down load new maps to. I only have the mount that goes on the vehicle to connect with. My TomTom will not sync with My Drive. What can I do? I have purchased the maps and want to down load
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) What is the AGE of the device?

2) Have you EVER been able to successfully update the device via the computer in the past?

3) WHEN did this issue first began?

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is old +/- 5yrs old. I did have it linked to another computer. I am getting ready to go to Mexico on Monday and wanted to down load the maps. The system will not connect to my windows 10 machine
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.

Hi again,

OK - can you try going to the following link on your computer - and tell me what you see?

http://us.support.tomtom.com/

I only ask because I have been getting an error indication for the last few hours - mentioning that they are having "site issues" - in multiple languages.

This could also be effecting the connectivity to the update site - blocking your access.

Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.

Hi again,

I just wanted to check to see if you COULD successfully reach that site I linked to above, as my computer is NOW reaching that site.

If your system is the same, I would recommend RESTARTING your computer and device, and TRY restarting the update process, as it may now work.

If it does NOT work, I would recommend giving the TomTom Support folks a call, as they are one of the few support groups that answers calls during the weekend (Saturdays). I have their contact information below.

TomTom Customer Support
866(###) ###-####/strong>
Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time

Please let me know if that works for you or if you have any more questions.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)