GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

I own a garmin gps 255W. While updating using the garmin the

Customer Question

I own a garmin gps 255W. While updating using the garmin the power went out for some time. When I went back to do the update, no luck. The GPS now tells me there are no maps to any of my requests. I am 79 and didn't want to do anything that might do wfuther damage. Need help. Can i fix the Garmin?
Category: GPS
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Hi there Bill! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this issue. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve this.

Turning your Garmin on and holding the bottom right while you turn it on will allow you to reset your data back to factory defaults.

Please try this and let me know how this works for you. If you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.

When your problem has been resolved, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Bill, do you still need assistance with this?