Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of GPS devices and systems

The directions tell you to connect with the computer with

Customer Question

the directions tell you to connect with the computer with gps battery charger and I don't understand
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: whatdo I use toconnect with the computer all I have is the car charger
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I need to update my GPS
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

If you look on the end, where the car charger is, can you pull it apart and separate the car charger from the cable?