Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Need to return a Garmin NUVI 55LMT 5 Lifetime Maps or

Customer Question

Need to return a Garmin NUVI 55LMT 5 Lifetime Maps for replacement or repair.
Item Number GA0119804
Gave the GPS to my nephew for Christmas and we knew there was something wrong with it.
After you entered an address and tried to test it out, the GPS would state that the address did not exist. Try it later and it would recognize recognize the address, try it a third time and the address was non existent
Another problem exists- you can program the GPS before you start out of your driveway and from there you will be instructed to circle you block.
Also GPS would not recalculate until you were about a block from your destination.
I need to know the process for returning "the headache"
The GPS was purchased on line from BESTBUY and the charge was $174.19 paid for on 12/13/2015
Many people had tried to figure out how to solve our problems. I would have sent it back sooner but I could not get my nephew to return it to me or to send it back him-self.
Appreciate any help you can give me so I can get these problem off the top of my list of problems.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

You cant return it to best buy, as too much time has elapsed. But what you can do is return it to garmin for an exchange ( they will send you back a working unit)

To start that process, go to the link below and follow the steps to request an RMA

The warranty repair wont cost you anything. If you have further questions, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.