Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years

I want to update the map database on my Nextar GPS. : My GPS

Customer Question

I want to update the map database on my Nextar GPS.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The GPS Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My GPS is saying that the database is out of date.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GPS Technician should know?
Customer: I'm new at this so the tech needs to keep it simple so I will understand what he wants me to do.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GPS Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Not all Nextar GPS devices have map updates available. Can you locate of find the model number of your Nextar so I can try and guide you.

Also, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.